Connected Manufacturing is a factory automation system where manual and automated manufacturing processes are connected together. This, therefore, allows the automation of entire manufacturing processes and production planning.
Key features of Connected Manufacturing:
- Manual and Automated processes are connected to business planning systems.
- Immediate feedback on the current production status.
- Improved maintenance and machine usage.
- Automated control of manufacturing process and flow.
- 30% boost in productivity as a result of increased machine uptime and usage.
- Reduced time for marketing new products.
- Competitive advantage as a result of meeting customer demand with ‘make to order’ products.
- Increased production quality and reporting as a result of automated data acquisition.