Paperless Manufacturing is when work orders and work instructions needed to control the production process, are replaced by an IT System that connects to manufacturing processes. The IT System then controls and guides the production process, resulting in increased efficiency and enhanced product quality.
Key Features of Paperless Manufacturing:
- Digitally connected production systems.
- Work orders and work instructions delivered to each workstation.
- Error Proofing from manual decision making at each production station.
- Reduced training for new products with guided manufacturing processes.
Key Results of Paperless Manufacturing:
- 30% boost in productivity, as a result of increased machine uptime and usage.
- Improved reporting and data sharing, with suppliers and customers.
- Competitive advantage, as a result of improved production quality data.