Mass Customisation is when a manufacturer creates completely customised products at the same scale and cost of mass produced items.
KEY FEATURES OF MASS CUSTOMISATION:
- Customers and suppliers collaborate to create customised products.
- Unique product designs are scheduled automatically into a manufacturing process, while using an automated sales ordering process.
- Connected Factories can be used to process sales orders into the manufacturing processes, to produce the customised product.
- Customers can track the progress of their product, with insight into the production data.
- Advantage over competitors, who can consequently only supply a fixed number of options.
- Reduced manufacturing costs of customised products through process automation.